<div id=”js-article__body” itemprop=”articleBody” data-sbid=”WP-MKTW-0000189025″>
YouTube’s chief executive said Thursday that Donald Trump‘s channel will remain suspended until there is less risk of him using it to incite violence.
“We will lift the suspension of the Donald Trump channel when we determine that the risk of violence has decreased.” ”- Susan Wojcicki, YouTube CEO
In a virtual event organized by the Atlantic Council, Susan Wojcicki, CEO of Alphabet GOOGL, + 1.12% GOOG, + 1.10% unit, said: “I want to confirm that we will lift the suspension of the channel”, but that “at this time, where we are, there is still that high risk of violence. ”
If the former president is eventually reinstated, Wojcicki said Trump will be subject to the site’s regular content moderation policies and could be suspended again if he breaks the rules. YouTube would impose a permanent ban after three strikes. The events leading up to Trump’s current suspension counted as his first attack, he said. YouTube suspended the channel in January after a deadly siege of the US Capitol by a pro-Trump mob, citing the “continued potential for violence.” Trump was also banned from Twitter TWTR, -5.80% and suspended indefinitely from Facebook FB, + 0.87% for his inflammatory comments. Wojcicki said that signs that the risk of violence had decreased would include a reduced police presence to safeguard US and state capitals, as well as fewer warnings of extremist violence from federal law enforcement authorities. On Thursday, US Capitol Police called for National Guard troops to help provide security for another 60 days after authorities warned earlier this week of another right-wing plot to attack the Capitol. There are still more than 5,000 Guard soldiers in Washington DC
, following the January violence.