Renault CEO says eight-year plan can turn round carmaker



© Reuters. Renault updates its electric strategy

BARCELONA (Reuters) – French carmaker Renault (PA:) will unveil an eight-year plan next year as the group contends with a demand slump exacerbated by the coronavirus crisis, Chief Executive Luca de Meo said in a newspaper interview published on Sunday.

De Meo had flagged last month that Renault might have to dig deeper than the 2 billion euros ($2.3 billion) of cost cuts it has already outlined to get back on its feet after a sustained downturn in earnings since 2018.

“The next two years will be tough. We have an eight-year plan that we will be announced in January, and we can turn it all around,” he told El Pais newspaper without disclosing specific detail on the plan.

($1 = 0.8534 euros)

Disclaimer: Fusion Media would like to remind you that the data contained in this website is not necessarily real-time nor accurate. All CFDs (stocks, indexes, futures) and Forex prices are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers, and so prices may not be accurate and may differ from the actual market price, meaning prices are indicative and not appropriate for trading purposes. Therefore Fusion Media doesn`t bear any responsibility for any trading losses you might incur as a result of using this data.

Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.





Source link