© Reuters. FILE PHOTO: A man wearing a “Trump 2020″ sweatshirt uses his mobile phone during a “Stop the Steal” protest in front of the Milwaukee central count the day after Milwaukee County finished counting absentee votes. , in Milwaukee
By Elizabeth Culliford (Reuters) – The social media platform Parler, which was shut down after being disrupted by major service providers who accused the app of failing to monitor violent content, may never be online again, said its executive director, John Matze. As a procession of commercial vendors severed ties with the site two years after the assault on the US Capitol last week, Matze said in an interview with Reuters on Wednesday that he does not know when or if he will return. “It could never be,” he said. “We don’t know yet.” The app said in a legal filing that it has more than 12 million users. Matze said that Parler was talking to more than one cloud computing service, but declined to reveal names, citing the likelihood of harassment for the companies involved. He said it would be best if Parler could go back to Amazon. Parler filed a lawsuit against the company on Monday, which Amazon.com Inc (NASDAQ 🙂 said is without merit. Amazon removed Parler, a platform favored by supporters of US President Donald Trump, from its servers this weekend for failing to effectively moderate violent content. Apple Inc (NASDAQ 🙂 and Alphabet (NASDAQ 🙂 Inc’s Google also kicked Parler out of their app stores. “It’s hard to keep track of how many people tell us we can’t do business with them anymore,” Matze said. Matze said the company was considering suing other providers, but declined to say more.